Monday, February 13, 2012

I Am Alive

As day dawns and the chirping birds,
Wake me from my slumber deep;
As my soul silently drifts back into my dead body,
After a night-long journey in the land of dreams;
Its wings as delicate, weightless and silent,
As a butterfly's.
I open my eyes and wait for my life to return.
Quietly then I look for a reason,
To be happy, to be content,
A reason to wake up, and come back to life.

And what better reason,
Than the thought of your love, my Love,
An imaginary hug and a kiss,
The strength of your embrace;
All the reasons for my smile, my life,
The confidence behind my grace.
I think of you and my soul rejoices,
My life returns and I am dead no more.
I welcome life, and the new day.
I am alive, I want to live!

Memories flow in and out of my mind,
Of the countless times you've held me close,
And wiped my tears with your loving hands.
The warmth of your fingers as they brushed my cheek,
Gave me strength to fight my sorrow.
I am warmed by your presence, your essence,
Your gift, your love.
And I pray that I exist another day,
In your world, your heart,
Within your loving soul.

1 comment: